Hyrum informed me a couple of days ago that he's tired of being Hyrum. He'd like to be called his middle name, Avery, instead! Well, I have no objections to that. I happen to like both names just fine. And in the whole scheme of things, he's the one who has to live with it. I don't see why that can't be his choice. My only struggle is that I don't know how serious he is about it. I'm still trying to feel out the situation to see how much he objects when I forget and call him Hyrum. If he's going to get over this in a week, I'm not too worried about changing my habits. But, it may just be that in a few weeks we'll have transformed him to a new boy Avery. (Of course, he'll still be every bit as cool as Hyrum ever was!) As for now, it feels a little like having a new baby that I've just named and I have to get used to the sound of a new name coming from my mouth in such a familiar way.
Allergy Shots
10 years ago

1 comments:
I don't know why this cracked me up, but it did. He is so cute! And if Mason ever wants to go by his middle name, I sure hope I'm as composed about it as you are. I named him for a beloved family member, but the name itself isn't the best and would require constant explanation.
Post a Comment