Thursday, June 26, 2008

6 Years Ago


Six years ago, I spent all night awake rocking a new baby who wouldn't let her mother sit down. I didn't know what to expect in my new role as mother, but I was determined to get started. After having Baby JoAnna, I got released from the hospital as soon as they would let me go. Then I spent the night wishing I could take my sleepless baby to the nursery for someone else to rock. After that, it didn't take long for JoAnna to figure out day from night and become an excellent sleeper. Now, suddenly, I'm the mother of a six year old. She'll so soon be in first grade and become a stranger for most of every day. She'll grasp the independence she's so interested in. It used to sound so far away when people would refer to their 7 or 8 year old children. Now, Jo will be in the same category. All day school in the first half of Elementary. It is fun to watch her grow. I love how she desired to be good and please her Heavenly Father. I love how polite she can be. And I have hope that she'll triumph over some of things she fights herself with. So, here's a tribute, however silly it may be coming from her mother, to JoAnna for what she's been, who she is now, and all that she will yet become.

0 comments: