Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Home Improvements Part 1: Windows

As my schooling has come to a close for awhile, we've used some of my new-found "free time" to make some home improvements.  The first change was new windows.  As seen in this post, our windows didn't always keep the elements out as they were meant to, so I was so excited to upgrade them!

They started in the basement.  Now that I can see through the window, I'm going to have to pay some attention to the state of the window wells....

 In addition to replacing all the existing windows, we had one added to our dining/family room.
We were committed by this point.  :)
I've been dreaming about this window's existence since the day we moved in.   I was so right! It adds so much light to the room!  I love eating at the table without turning the light on.  (You can see that it's not turned on here.)
This picture shows a good contrast to the wall layout, but it was dark, so you can't see the light difference.
 
This one doesn't show the whole wall, (and is several years old, so you can disregard the people and the event for the purpose of this post), but it shows how much darker the table area was than the rest of the room.  I'm sure we had the light overhead turned on during this event. 

0 comments: