Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Home Improvements Part 2: Kitchen Floor

 The next project was the kitchen floor.  The kids thought it was crazy having the fridge in the living room for a couple of days.  

This shows the old floor, complete with some stained spots that were there when we moved in.

He lay down the underlay floor so the new vinyl wouldn't mold onto the shape and grooves of the old floor.   

  Mudding to fill in the seams...

In place, but not yet cut in.

Voila!  Our installer was very skilled and knowledgeable on all kinds of flooring.  He even gave me several tips for the laminate flooring Jason and I would lay two days later.  I would recommend him to anyone. 

 While the stove and fridge were out of the way, I also took the chance to replace our microwave that had given up it's electronic ghost awhile back.

0 comments: