I don't remember exactly what I imagined in the middle of the night last night when Katie woke up - something about how uncharacteristic for stars or aliens to stay awake for so long. I'm pretty sure watching Stardust before bed, then falling asleep reading Stephanie Meyers' The Host helped concoct the weird combination of dreams I was having. The two seperate 'wrong number' calls around 12:30 and 1:30a.m. (how often does that happen???) didn't help my frame of mind as I tried to separate reality from the surreal.
I'm not sure how long I stayed in such a confused haze. Fortunately, somewhere my mothering instincts were intact and knew what to do even through my imaginings. I will say, though, that once Katie threw up on me (no, not spit up), it was suddenly abundantly clear why my little star/alien wasn't calmed by a simple diaper change and a midnight feeding. Poor girl. She was probably as confused by the new unpleasant feeling as her mother.
Allergy Shots
10 years ago

2 comments:
Nighttime feedings are so weird, especially when you've stayed up late the night before. I've fed Clark, put him back to bed, and spent up to an hour sitting up in bed in a sleepified stupor trying to remember what I was doing.
MY problem is that the dream-like sensations are slowly creeping into every moment of my life as I get increasingly more tired as the days go by.
Needless to say, life is getting weird.
Poor Katie. I hope she gets better soon! Isn't Stardust a great movie though??
Post a Comment