Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Sprouting (Warning: This post includes Mom-bragging updates on the entire family. You may want to skip if you have a weak stomach for such things.)

We've got sprouting of all sorts going on around here.  JoAnna's growing again, acting like she's getting ready to be 8 soon or something.  Of course, growth spurts only happen when there's an inconveniently small amount of any given season left.  Who wants to buy new pants with only a month left until it'll be time for capris and shorts everyday when there's no guarantee the pants'll still fit next fall?  Granted, I do have two more girls who will eventually grow into them, but if I can get away with making do with two or three pairs for now instead of storing seven pairs until Lizzie grows into them, that's what's happenin'! 

Fortunately Hyrum is still growing INTO the pants he has.  (Santa anticipated a growth spurt a little too soon, so he's been rolling up his pants for a year now....)  So, hopefully we won't be re-wardrobing both of them at the same time.  Although, he's eagerly anticipating this years sandle shopping spree.  Soon, Hyrum.  Soon. 

Lizzie's sprouted new skills as she is now fully potty trained.  This includes running errands, days spent at Grandma's house, church, and even dance class with full leotard.  (If you don't understand the great accomplishment of that last one, you've never had to go while wearing a leotard and tights.  Now imagine you have the dressing coordination of a three year old.)  In other words, she's doing GREAT!  (YAY for Mom!!) 

And of course, Katie is sprouting constantly, as the littlest of little people do.   She figured out how to roll onto her tummy last night and practiced her new skills several times.  She's also highly skilled at circumnavigating the full diameter of her blanket on the floor all while keeping her head in the same place.  It's fun to look back every couple of minutes only to find her in a different place.  (Mind you, that doesn't mean I'm ready for her be crawling or anything.  Then it only gets harder....  I'm quite happy with her learning to smile more often and other harmless accomplishments for the time being.  

Jason has officially started the last class of his MBA, which means six weeks from now he'll have sprouted an MBA onto his resume.  We may be a little excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (That's me, so you can imagine how he's feeling.)

And last but not least, I've successfully sprouted 64 starts  so far for our garden this year.  I'm excited to find out what color my thumb actually is on my first attempt at a real garden.  There's lots of work to do, but no better way to learn than to jump right in, eh?  So, I've got a tray of starts growing in our front windowsill and we have big plans to get the garden plot in our yard ready to receive these budding produce bearers during the next two months. 

Isn't Spring the best with all the sprouting that happens?

3 comments:

Cecily said...

Hm. Something's wrong with my browser. The part talking and bragging about you doesn't even show up. Since my computer's being funny, could you re-post the bit about you? :)

Melissa said...

AAAHHHH! I can't believe that JoAnna's almost 8!!! I still think of her as that tiny little baby that tried to hike Timp with us on Matt and I's first date! It sounds like your kids are all doing well. And I am excited for you and your garden! Good Luck with it!

McShane Family said...

Early congrats to you both for the MBA!