Friday, January 8, 2010

December Recap

I have this problem. The more I live my life and experience blog worthy things, the less I blog. So, quick recap: Thanksgiving was a fun day with Jason's family.

Gram'ma Goble single handedly puts out the whole spread every year on Thanksgiving and we've finally got things down on rotation so that Jason's siblings can pretty much plan to see each other here every other year.

After the feast, Gram'ma's tradition is to play, basically, a version of 21, with each of us putting a dollar into the game. I was the lucky winner of $14 this year.

The Christmas season was a fun time which, as usual, was enjoyed far more than documented. We enjoyed carolling with some neighbors and checking out the lights on temple square. We got together with family, feasted at the ward christmas breakfast, and made the rounds on Christmas day to visit the Bostwick family, the Goble family, and Gram'ma Goble at her house. That evening we were excited to have Matt and Lindsey (Jason's sister) come up to our house for some games and to wind down Christmas.

In the middle of all that, we stopped all thoughts of Christmas to celebrate the last three joyful years with Lizzie in our family. She has such a happy nature, we enjoy her so much.


After all of this was done, I was just about ready to face the fact that, with Christmas over, there would be a baby right around the corner. So, I celebrated my birthday (the Monday after Christmas) by making a list of things that needed to be done before I would feel ready for our baby to come. First on the list was to take our car to the shop for some needed work that would be even more necessary with an extra car seat, which we took care of that day. JoAnna told me all day what a great birthday present that was for me to get my car fixed.

And that's all I got done on my list because the next morning brought a baby.

Katherine Lisa Goble made her appearance on Tuesday, December 29, 2009 at 9:44am. She weighed in at 7 lbs. 4 oz. and measured 20" long. Only a half hour earlier and about an hours' drive to the south, her cousin was also making his debut.

Kyle Barnell Wright was born to an eagerly waiting mom and dad, Kim and Bryan, and sister Bryanna at 9:15 that morning. He was 6 lbs. 11 oz. and 18 1/2" long.

After all that, New Years Eve was just really peaceful with three kids gone with Grandma, Jason off work for paternity leave for the night and bedtime at 9:30.
And that's December's Recap, folks. And don't worry, Felicia, more pictures to come, as requested.

1 comments:

Cecily said...

Yes, more pictures please!

I've got tons of pictures to upload myself, but our computer is so stinkin' slow these days, I just haven't found the time to crank them out!

I can't believe you have another baby! Pass around my love to everyone (including you!) for me, would you?