Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I just can't get enough of these guys

I don't know if it's the snuggly feeling of a sweatshirt and slippers as I watch the snow out my window, or the color of fall leaves and watching the world change from day to day, but this time of year makes me feel comfortable and reminiscent. And I just have to say how much I adore these people.





Let me tell you why. (Yes, this will likely be long winded. Feel free to escape now....)
My father in law: I love you for all that you feels for your family and the gospel. I love that I've learned to read that in you no matter how much you don't say. I know you feel very deeply about a great many things and words just don't match that depth. So they aren't spoken. But they are definitely there in your own language.
My dad: I love you for being a teacher. The world has always been your classroom. You learn from everything around you, both the good and the bad. And you share what you see whenever you feels we need it and are ready to learn. Never pushy, just always ready. And always patiently waiting for you children to be ready. But mostly teaching us to glean our own lessons and not let any experience go to waste.
My mom: I love you because we're different enough to appreciate each other's strengths. And because we're the same enough that you never judge me for my failings because you understands.
Jared and Felicia: I love you both because you are your own people. You are who you are and make your decisions based on that.
Kim and Bryan: I love you for what I learn from you. I love the skills of self reliance you keep alive while so many find it a waste of time. I love that you have become so comfortable to me and that you treat me as though I measure up.
Jay: I love you for who you simply are. You're not just nice. You're not giddy or happy go lucky. You're just GOOD. You don't do good things - you are full of goodness to your very core. You are thoughtful and true to the priorities you see as naturally in order. You're so true to yourself that you don't see this goodness in yourself. It simply is the way you see the world.
Brandon and Elena: I love you for your focus. I love the way you make something out of nothing, or at least amplify all that you touch. You bring into fruition potential out of things that no one else could even see was there. You are creators - the way we're all meant to strive toward.
Lindsey and Matt: I love the way you enjoy life. All who know you can SEE how much you love each other. And everyone you care about knows they are in those ranks because you make time for them. You are constantly busy surrounding yourself with life and happiness, not sitting around wishing you saw people more. You are doers, not just dreamers.
Cecily and Tommy: I love you for the way you strive to be better. That thing about Dad teaching us to learn from all around us - you do that. I love the way you are both consistent and patient with Summer regardless of how you may feel on the inside. You feel discouraged and that you don't measure up at times - but only because you invite the Spirit into your lives enough to know what you can become.
Sam: I love your infectious optimism. We tease you about things falling into place for you, but often you gain opportunities because you simply refuse to believe that they're too big for some dumb kid from Utah. I love that you have taken your passions and are actively pursuing them without compromising who you are. And I love seeing the passions that I share with you flourish. You have a much bigger role in those passions than I do and my time is not yet. I love that I get to witness what you are.
Aidan: I love your energy and inquisitiveness. Your exploration and discovery and brightness remind me not to just take things at face value, but to always LEARN.
Jaxon: I love how you enjoy the things you learn. You remind me to take a moment now and then and appreciate my own progress.
Bryanna: I love the way you won't let anyone tell you who you are or what you should think or feel. I love the glint you get in your eye when something is funny.
Caleb: Let's face it - I LOVE how much you love ME! It's amazing that someone I see so rarely can consider me so central in his three year old world. I love how much you and Lizzie love each others' company.
Summer: I love your brightness and intelligence. I love your understanding and exuberance. I love your conversation.
Emaline: I love your boldness and adventurous outlook. I love how fearlessly you take the world on.
Clark: I love your sweetness.

And now for my own.
JoAnna: I love how strongly you desire to be good. You are easily drawn to others with that same desire. I love the way your mind is always planning and figuring and working things out. And I love how you love and are aware of others.
Hyrum: My boy. I love your sense of humor. I love your determination and strength. I love the tenderness you show to those who will let you.
Lizzie: I love your cheerfulness and spirit. I love that you want to be HAPPY and can't stay away from that for long.
And my eternal companion, Jason: I love you for making me more than I am alone. And I love when you love what I bring to the table (figuratively speaking). I love simply being together with you. I love that you honor and respect me both when we're together and when we're apart. I love who you are and how you strive to be true to that in all aspects of your life.

What can I say. I just can't get enough of all of you.

1 comments:

Matthew and Lindsey said...

So thoughtful. Loved the post even if it brought me to tears. Thank you