All day on March 16, I anticipated it. The Leprechauns would be coming tonight. They have a habit of turning our milk green and otherwise wreaking havoc with our breakfast foods. The kids had been looking forward to it.
On Tuesday morning, all green clad and ready for some luck, we knelt down for our family prayer. Hyrum (who usually avoids the task) readily volunteered to offer the prayer for us. He used half of the prayer to gratefully thank Heavenly Father for the mischief we would soon find in the kitchen and otherwise express his excitement for his fortunate, holiday exaggerated upbringing. Thanks Hyrum!!
After the prayer, I kindly suggested that the kids might want to play downstairs for a few more minutes as breakfast might take a little while to get cooked.... Yikes!! The Leprechaun forgot!!! Fortunately, the little green guy made speedy work and was just finishing shaking the milk before the kids had any 'emergencies' that brought them up to check on Mom. And, somehow, the eggs that looked normal when we cracked them turned out green once they were cooked. Whew! Good thing our Leprechaun is so talented, eh? Who set these kids' expectations so high, anyway???
Allergy Shots
10 years ago

5 comments:
Becca! I just came across your blog! I didnt even know you had one! I love it!
That's such a cute idea. I probably won't be doing it (at least until post-potty training), though as I learned a valuable lesson this year.... green milk=green poop.
Fun tradition, I didn't even remember to dress my little one in green. Bad mommy!
Things like this are one of the reasons I love our family. My little leprechaun (named Kristen) made me green bread and green funeral potatoes. Can life get better?
Wait, you mean there are people in the world that DON'T go to extreme means to make green food on St. Patrick's Day? I think I'll believe it when I see it. As for me and my house, we ate green pancakes!
Post a Comment