Monday, August 29, 2011

Kids Make the Best Party Faux Pas'

Saturday night the kids and I went to a baby shower.  Over the course of the evening, party attendees could guess how many candies were in a large plastic coin bank shaped like a baby bottle.  At the end of the evening it was announced that I had won the contest.  My kids all went berserk when they saw I got the large plastic baby bottle full of candy.  To emphasize his desire for the candy contained inside, Hyrum snatched the bottle from me and acted like he was drinking from the bottle.  I joked with him that he was too old to be stealing his mother's milk.  (Probably something I wouldn't have joked with him had he not been recently familiar with my nursing Katie.)

About the same time, it was declared time to cut into the cake that had been on display through the evening.  The cake looked similar to this:


 Hyrum came over to the table to stake his claim on a piece and plead, "Mom!!  Can I have an eye???"

Sure, Hyrum.  Why not? 


1 comments:

Matthew and Lindsey said...

Honestly so so funny. I made Matt login to his computer just so he could read along with me because it made my day so much. Cant wait till Kennedy says other things besides No so I can have some fun stories.