Friday, July 2, 2010

What We've Been Up To

Summer has swept me off my feet again, like it does every year.  All my energy seems to go toward the concerted effort it takes to love my kids individually when they are constantly together and competing (this term is used actively, not just to coin a phrase) for my attention.  So here's a few things that we've fit into that effort:

Week at Grandma's
New pajamas
***
Baseball playing
Sod laying
***
Zoo going
Tooth growing
***
Eight-turning
Sibling-spurning
***
Baby greeting
Picnic eating
***
Mesquito-bitings
Cousin sightings
***
Baby moving
Recital grooving


***
Practice swimming
Yardwork brimming
 ***
Pierced earrings
Skin searings
***
Summer schooling
Mixed fruit drooling
***
Topsoil dumping
Elephant rumping
There's more to come for summer fun,
but for now this update's done.

4 comments:

Carina said...

Beckles, I love this cute summer post. So glad that you guys have had a fun summer!

Cecily said...

I LOVE EVERY PICTURE.

Hm. I bet you'd like some from me too, huh? :)

McShane Family said...

Creative! Love it!

kurt and ash said...

I can't believe how big your kids are getting! Especially Katie! She is darling!

Thanks for your sweet comment... it seriously made me cry! :) You're so sweet!