Sunday, May 9, 2010

I got Tangle Fever!

We've been outside a lot over the last couple of weeks.  Lizzie's hair has been getting longer and longer.  Long hair + outside + three year old = tangles. 

So, after brushing through tangled hair and torturing her all week, I was brushing Lizzie's hair before her bath this morning.  It was very tangly (again).  She was sad (again).  So I asked if we should cut her hair short.  She responded, "Yeah!"  I said, "How about if we do it after your bath?"  "YEAH!!"
So, this is what we came up with before church today.  Never again will Lizzie be the girl with long hair for her age.  I'm okay with that.  We have a long braid for a souvenir.

6 comments:

Cecily said...

I LOVE it! More pictures, pleeaase!! Does she still have bangs? It looks super thick and bouncy that short--is it really? What did Jason think? Is JoAnna loving the new look to make over? Summer is growing out her own hair simply because she's gaga about princesses. While it's growing out, though, we just satisfy ourselves with Summer being like Snow White. She's a princess with short hair. And Mulan. While that's all fun and nice, Summer still flips out any time I mention trimming her hair.

Summer + scissors = not an option right now.

But Clark's getting ready for his first cut!

p.s. my verification code is 'noloolie'--it was too silly not to mention

McShane Family said...

I love it! Super cute (now we need a front shot). I don't remember you cutting hair. Perhaps you should have taught me a few things before we moved in opposite directions in the Nation. ; )

Anonymous said...

WOW! Great job on the haircut! I am impressed. I didn't even notice it at church...of course we walked in a bit late with Jason right behind us. :) Thanks for the link to your cousin's blog. I've been reading for an hour now... Thank you also for your heartfelt concern. We'll look forward to a visit soon!

Becca said...

Cec - I put up the pictures that turned out. When I blew her bangs dry, they unded up silly, so the pictures didn't do the cut any favors. By the time I decided that, the SD card was hooked to the computer, not in the camera, so I did what was there. Lizzie woke up this morning giggling and came out saying, "I LOVE this hair!" because she'd forgotten through the night. :)

Des - I don't cut hair. I cut my families' hair. I'm cheap like that. :)

McShane Family said...

Hey, it works. =)

Matthew and Lindsey said...

Love the short bob-I bet she looks adorable in it!! Thanks again for coming to visit-I really do appreciate it.